Love & Stitches at The Asylum Part Twenty-One

 



Sorry! Danny was hiding and we couldn't find him! Now that he's out from under Lawson's desk, we can bring you Part XXI!

We hope this brings you some Monday cheer!

Happy reading!

*****

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

PART 6  

PART 7

PART 8 

PART 9

PART 10 

PART 11

PART 12

PART 13 

PART 14

PART 15

PART 16

PART 17  

PART 18

PART 19 

PART 20

*****

Whatever music was playing was a bit like a disaster soundtrack. Danny scrambled to keep up with the drink orders in the dance club, not sure he should say anything to Tay, since he’d decided to switch spots with him and the members seemed to enjoy the noise and the dance floor was as packed as ever. Usually, Danny liked being in the booth, a bit closed off from all the action, but a lot of the new members kept banging on the door and asking questions and...well, Tay was more comfortable with that.

Not that Danny loved people shouting at him to hurry up with their drinks while he was looking up the mixes, but he felt a lot less trapped here.

And he’d almost been too busy to think about Trevor.

Who’d been here.

What is he planning? Will he go away now that Jamie kicked his ass? Should I put the building on lockdown until Rhodey can get here to deal with the cops who will probably raid the place?

Danny really didn’t like the idea of getting arrested, but he probably wouldn’t be since he’d been in the bar. Jamie could get hauled in for assault, but from the relaxed conversations between Keiran and Avery it was being handled.

And Wren was ‘dealing with things in his own way’?

That can’t be a good thing.

Holding up a finger for a Dom to wait—he was going to have to Google his order, it sounded made up—Danny plucked out the earpiece Keiran had given him so he’d ‘feel safe’ and slipped his phone out of his pocket. As much as he loved Keiran and Avery, listening to them, while that music played, had him feeling a bit like they were in the middle of a warzone.

Which wasn’t the least bit relaxing.

Shea was working security and Jacks was working on a few designs for orders he’d been putting off so he could help around the club. Bothering either of them felt wrong, but it felt like things were getting out of control and maybe one of them could help.

The first text to Shea got him a thumbs up, like his whole explanation of the impending disaster was a status update. So he tried Jacks. Chewed on his bottom lip as the Dom he’d kept waiting gave him a dark look and folded his arms over his chest.

He’s probably going to snap my neck. I’d definitely die from that. Why didn’t I update my will while I had the chance?

It took a few minutes, but the door to the gym opened, a figure about Jacks’ height and build, wearing a deep red cloak—hood up—a wicker basket over his arm like he couldn’t decide if he was about to run into a Big Bad Wolf he needed to feed, pushed through the crowd. When the cloaked guy arrived and threw back the hood, Jacks was thankfully underneath.

“Hey, little mouse.” A bit out of breath, Jacks pressed a hand to his chest. “Want me to make the drinks? It’s been a while, but I know how.”

Danny nodded quickly, putting away the tablet Matt had set up for him with straightforward instructions for pretty much everything. He took another step back to make sure he was out of reach of the large Dom who obviously moonlighted as a butcher. Or a serial killer. Or both. “That would be great, sir. I’ve never heard of a zombie drink. Maybe it’s a...local thing?”

Eyeing the Dom who’d ordered it, Jacks seemed to size him up for alcohol poisoning potential. “Uh. Yeah, but I don’t think it’s on the menu because it’s got enough rum in it to kill a horse.”

“I can take it.” The Dom, who someone shouted to from across the dance floor, waving, seemed to be named ‘Karl’. “I have a blackbelt in liver conditioning.”

That sounded even more made up than the drink, but since the drink was real, Danny would take his word for it. Or ask Jared. Yes, he should definitely ask Jared before they ended up with another dead body on their hands. Not that he thought Keiran would actually kill Trevor. Maybe.

“I’m not sure if I want to know.” Groaning, Danny pulled the massive hood of Rhodey’s hoodie over his head. At least this way, the Dom, Karl, couldn’t end him with his death glare. “I don’t know if any of this was approved. Rhodey usually just throws people he doesn’t find important. And...Trevor isn’t that important, is he?”

Trevor?” It was like Jacks hadn’t read the text message at all. He glanced around the club. “Where?”

 Ducking his head, Danny hugged himself. “I’m not sure, Keiran took him away. And Avery’s with Wren plotting and...they’re all going to be in so much trouble. At least we have some time before Rhodey gets back from Tracey’s. And Jared’s in the clinic. But who knows how long the revenge plans will take? Or how many casualties there’ll be.”

Karl rolled his eyes, pushing up his sleeves as he came around the bar. “That’s it. I’m instituting a new self-serve policy.” With quiet efficiency, and not too much drama, the Dom began to mix drinks for himself and everyone else lined up at the bar as he set out a tip jar. “Drinks are free. Don’t forget to tip.”

Lips parting, Danny stared at the Dom, shaking his head. “Sir, you can’t...I’m supposed to...if you’ll just give us a few minutes…”

“Don’t worry about it, little mouse.” Jacks crooked his finger. “Come with me. I can’t hear myself think in here, much less figure out what you’re talking about. Whose revenge? And why did Rhodey decide to shop at Macy’s? He hates the mall.”

Danny snickered, shaking his head and following Jacks after one last glance at Karl. He wasn’t supposed to abandon his post, but it was definitely acceptable when he was following orders. And Karl couldn’t kill him while putting whipped cream on shots and flirting with the cute little twinks who surrounded the bar, suddenly needing refills.

“I explained absolutely everything that happened in the text, sir.” Danny sighed and peered up at his Dom. “Trevor managed to sneak in and he recorded Jamie and Wren in the DJ booth. So Jamie beat him up and Noah told Wren to erase the video. That’s what I got from Keiran and Avery anyway. But Avery’s giving Wren all kinds of names and there was a whole news story about Trevor and his...super secret surgery.” He took a deep breath. “I try to remember each and every possible rule so I don’t end up getting whipped again, I’m not sure I’d survive this time and drowning seems like a terrible way to die.” He held on to the side of his hood so he could look up at Jacks without it falling back. “We need to save Wren and Avery from themselves.”

Jacks’ green eyes were serious for most of Danny’s explanation. At the part about saving Wren and Avery, however, humor glinted, and Jacks scooted them into the alcove by the security stairs. He looked both ways, then leaned down, voice lowered. “Say, ‘We need to save grandma from the wolf,’ and I’m in.”

Blowing out a relieved breath, Danny grinned at his Dom. “I knew you would be, sir. You’re awesome. Now...there’s only one thing I can think of that might help. You know when I’m a bit naughty and I throw all the bread in the compost so Shea will forget about it? Or when I give Pike all the chocolate cake? Or the...well, you get my drift. And you know Shea will punish me, so you find my sexiest costume to meet him with when he comes home and he forgets to be mad?”

Nodding slowly, Jacks seemed to catch on. “Yes... Do you want me to grab the costume I’d been making for Avery? The one for Wren...well, I suppose it won’t give anything away.”

 “The soldier one that’s just a bit tight around the ass that he’ll be comfortable with, but you figured was a bit of an improvement from Jared’s request?” Danny nodded quickly. This was better. There was no way Rhodey and Jared would be able to skin their subs when they were all done up. “It’s gotta work, right, sir?”

“Have my costumes ever failed you?” Gripping Danny’s shoulders, Jacks squeezed. “Where are Avery and Wren holed up? I can meet you there. The costumes are in the cell downstairs. I’ve been using it as my sewing room because Wren never comes down there.”

Danny nudged his chin in the direction of the security office. “Either in there or Wren’s office. I hope they’re not in Wren’s office. He showed me it once and I had so many bad dreams. Don’t tell him, I don’t want him to feel bad. He’s so proud of it, but it’s like a nightmare wonderland and...not something I should be around, just...in case. Some of those dolls are absolutely cursed.”

“You don’t think Noah is going to rip my head off? He won’t blame you if he catches us both with Wren and Avery. I’ll be Dom-moted.” Which might’ve meant Jacks would be thrown in a moat, or made to take Dom 101 all over again. Or both.

Tugging on his bottom lip with his teeth, Danny considered how to avoid either outcome. “You’re right. Maybe...maybe just let me get the costumes and you can man the bar in the dance club for a bit? Or at least watch Karl to make sure he doesn’t stuff any bodies in empty beer kegs? That way you have plausible deniability. And Rhodey won’t let Noah throw me in a moat. And he probably wouldn’t let him punish me—he likes doing that himself so I know I’ll live. I’m pretty sure there’s been some close calls, but apparently my ass is ‘more durable than I give myself credit for’. Which is a very strange compliment.”

“Hmm...”  Jacks stuck his hand inside Danny’s hood to ruffle his hair. “As long as your popbro isn’t around, Noah probably won’t go mental. I don’t like this arrangement you have with Rhodey. I’ll say it again. But we get you need someone to look after you, because me and Shea are kinda crap at it still.”

“You are not.” Danny gave Jacks the best stern look he could manage, trying for something like Jared, but likely ending up with something closer to Pike’s pout. “You’re good at different stuff and...this way you don’t have to worry when you can’t be around. Also, I’m never getting in the ring, so this is like me participating in the fun you and Shea have, but without my nose ending up in the back of my skull. It might be my real nose, but it’s still pretty fragile. And...Rhodey really likes you and Shea. He just has a weird way of showing it.”

Jacks released a heavy sigh. “Fine. I screwed around for years. It’s not like I can fault anyone else for doing the same.” He looked over Danny’s shoulder like he scouted for Rhodey. “I like him for protecting you. I’m glad Shea and I are able to stick to each other and you. I had enough of playing the field. It’s weird enough that I’m sleeping with Rhodey by association.”

“And you’ve slept with Keiran. And Avery.” Danny gave his Dom a small smile. “I liked that more than when you and Shea were going with whoever you fought against. Don’t fight Avery or Keiran, though. Umm...not that I don’t think you’d do well, but they’re...different kinds of fighters.”

“No worries, little mouse.” Straightening, Jacks held open the security stairway door for Danny. “I’ll get those costumes and you can make the delivery.” The automatic lights flickered on when he stepped inside the vestibule. “Then I’ll take over in the bar.”

Danny tucked his hands in his sleeves and gave a quick nod. “Yes, sir. And thank you. I’m really sorry for pulling you away from your work. I’ll ask Lawson if I can take a few extra shifts for you so you won’t fall behind on your orders. Do you think tomorrow you can show me some of your new designs? I love getting to look at them all before anyone else, it’s like...really special. I’ll even put in a special request with Keiran for some carrot cake for us. And I’ll have a piece.”

Chuckle echoing in the stairwell, Jacks headed down toward the pool area. “I enjoy spending time with you, my boy. You’re welcome to repay me by spending time sleeping in and cuddling tomorrow morning. I might even make you feed me a hot fudge sundae for breakfast in bed.”

“Okay, I can do that, but I’m not having any...if it pleases you and all that.” Danny closed the door, pretty sure he’d just guaranteed himself a few bites, but that was future him’s problem. Right now, he had to check up on Avery and Wren and make sure they didn’t get punished within an inch of their lives.

Slipping up the stairs and doing an okay job of walking like Avery and Keiran had taught him...until he got close enough and making noise seemed smarter than sneaking up on Avery and getting shot...Danny made his way to the security room. His heart sank a bit when he didn’t see Shea, meaning his other Dom was probably doing rounds. Shea being here would be comforting, except he’d have to send him away too. So at least that was one less thing to worry about.

In the dimly lit room, Wren sat at the security desk, most of the screens showing different places inside and outside of The Asylum, but the one in front of him split into different windows, some with code, others with news reports, videos, and what looked like the life history or half the people who’d ever been connected to Glam Grenade. By his side, Avery was leaning close and pointing at the screen, speaking quietly.

Danny cleared his throat. “I think you might’ve forgotten how much trouble you could get in for this, but that’s okay, you’re both very busy. I have a solution, so if you could stop breaking the rules it might...help it work a bit better.”

Hand on the console desk, Avery glanced over his shoulder. “Hey there. No rule breaking here. Curtis told us to do it. Noah too.”

“Umm…” Danny looked at the screen again. “Maybe they weren’t very specific? Because I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have asked you to do all this. And...Jared definitely wouldn’t be happy.”

Wren froze, his eyes going wide. He pressed a button and the screen went black. “No, he wouldn’t be. I promised I’d try not to break this rule out of all of them. I’m supposed to have either him or Rhodey watching me. I could assume Avery counts as Rhodey.” He gave Avery a hopeful look. “Rhodey knows everything you do, so that is a fair assumption, yes?” Before Avery could answer, he shook his head. “No, that would be a workaround. If Jared had meant that, he would have said it. I was very bad and I deserve to be punished. Thank you, Danny. I’ll go see him now.”

“Little dude.” Avery placed a hand on Wren’s shoulder. “You didn’t erase all the footage from the cloud. Which always sounds to me like angels doing dark ops. Messed up.” Snickering, the sub plunked down in one of the fancy black swivel chairs that kept the security personnel comfortable for hours. “And I’m totally Rhodey’s proxy. If you messed up because I didn’t rein you in, I’ll take the heat. No reason to throw yourself on Jared’s spiked spanking gloves.”

Looking between them, almost certain they’d take turns throwing themselves on grenades just to prove their sub-worthiness, Danny made an irritated sound and slapped the desk. Which hurt more than it had a right too. He’d probably broken something. “You’re not listening. You’re both going to get in trouble. But I have a way to get you in less trouble. Trouble that won’t lead to funerals in the middle of a horrific storm with all of us out there wondering why we hadn’t stopped you sooner...and probably getting hit by lightning by some pissed off god.”

Breathless, Jacks pushed in through the door, fabric and leather with a lot of brass buttons and silver buckles draped over his arm. “Got it.” He looked around like he’d never been in the room before. “Huh.” Then he carefully laid the costumes over the back of an empty chair. “Danny-bananny... Heh. I see why Jamie calls you that. It rolls off the tongue... Don’t you dare get your own ass beat. I’ll be really cheesed.”

“Trevor started calling me that too and made it not so fun.” Danny sighed, shaking his head and walking up to Jacks, rising up to kiss him and cover his Dom’s eyes with his hand. “Thank you so much, sir. No looking, we have to preserve your alibi. I’ll make sure I request some other kind of punishment if I get one, but maybe I’ll get lucky.” Very unlikely, but I don’t want Jacks to worry. “Be careful when you’re near Karl, he gives me bad vibes. And I’ve got too much to do to send out the good vibes Jared told me about. Besides, we need them all right here.”

Tugging on the hoodie strings, Jacks cinched it up so Danny looked out of a dark tunnel, like he peered through a periscope. “I’ll get Karl onto the dance floor with one of those cream puffs he’s probably gonna eat up before the end of the night.” Jacks disappeared from the hoodie view-hole, the door clicking open and shut telling Danny he’d gone.

“Okay, so here’s the deal.” Danny opened up the hood just a little bit more so he could see Avery and Wren—the latter having turned everything back on, looking at nothing but a wall of numbers and letters now. Pointing at the costumes, he gave up being firm and went for pleading. “The leather outfit is one Jacks was going to give Rhodey as a gift. Please put it on? When he sees it, he’ll be thinking about how hot you look and not anything else—at least long enough to get all the details, right?” He pointed at the other costume. “Same goes for Jared. And us being up here for you guys to try on the costumes isn’t a lie then and maybe the rest...can be a later issue.”

Avery lifted up the costume, head tilted to one side. A leather bustier with two metal rings that would frame his pecs, and a bunch of hardcore silver buckles attached to straps that would cinch his waist like a corset, topped a pair of black leather booty shorts. 

Eyes darkening, Avery passed his tongue over his lip rings. “This is...supremely hot.”

So far so good. Danny grinned, watching Wren wrap up whatever he was doing and shut everything down again to turn his attention to his own costume. “Does that mean you’ll do it? Seriously, things have been really stressful around here lately. Jared’s been patching up practically everyone with Seth and Quint, and Rhodey’s worried about Tracey and trying to keep this place secure. We can only do so much, but giving them something nice should...help. At least a little.”

“I’m not sure it will make a difference, but I’m willing to put the costume on if it will make you feel better.” Wren turned on his chair, then stood, eyeing Danny as he unbuttoned his black shirt. “You need to sit down and stop going over whatever disastrous scenarios you have going through your mind, though. Unless you’d like to tell us about them? I can take out the heart monitor and keep track of your reactions and readings during each one. It would be fascinating, but I might need to put you on a sedative after. I’m fairly certain I know the right dosage.”

Already stripped down to black boxer briefs that he began shucking, Avery smirked. When he took off the rest of his clothes, he revealed mottled but fading bruises on his ass and thighs, which were pretty much always present whenever Danny had seen him naked. 

“You know what would be even more fascinating?” Avery stepped into the shorts, hiking them up and tucking in his dick. “Put a heart monitor on Jared when he figures out what you’ve been up to.”

Wren shook his head, quickly changing into his own costume, like he was starting to get why wearing it was a good idea. “Hopefully he only finds out the right way and it doesn’t trouble him any more than necessary. I’ve been over his charts hundreds of times and he is in much better health than even some of the younger Doms. It’s still not good to upset him and I was doing a much better job of avoiding it before. I will do this both to make Danny feel better and to give Jared something he’ll enjoy, but I hope he canes my hands hard enough that I can’t even hold a phone for a very long time. Perhaps I can request it as a maintenance punishment. I should write that down. Actually, I should make a list, that way I won’t forget anything important.”

“Who woulda thought.” Head lowered, Avery focused on cinching up the straps on the corset, his pecs and ruddy nipples showing through the large metal rings at the top. “You getting into trouble? I hate disappointing Rhodey, but that’s the only part of a punishment that bothers me. He’d probably have to cut off my hands before I got freaked out. It’s not living up to what he expects of me that gets me between the eyes. But this...” He turned to Danny. “It’s worth it in a way. You shoulda seen that asshole pull that knife. When Jamie got hold of it, I thought he’d gut the bastard in front of everyone. I have no idea how we’d’a kept that quiet. I wanted in on this with Wren if only to keep Trevor off the radar for good.”

Between Wren and Avery, sometimes it was a miracle Danny didn’t faint like one of those chicks in Jamie’s favorite movies. He kinda wanted to, because it would mean not having to picture Avery without hands or all the horrific medical disasters Danny’s never even considered. But with his luck one of them would have smelling salts. Or he wouldn’t fall gracefully like those heroines. He’d hit his head on the cement wall. Or break his leg...somehow.

Rubbing his hands over his eyes, he did his best to get rid of the visuals that had goosebumps crawling over his skin. “You’re both really good subs, so that’s gotta count for something. And now you look…” He’s cheeks heated as he looked them over. Avery had this goth vibe going for him with a naughty, tempting edge, while Wren was  exactly what Danny had imagined a soldier to look like before he’d seen pictures of Shea in uniform—which was ten times hotter than his imagination, but how Wren pulled off the look? Came pretty damn close. “Incredible.”

Avery met Wren’s gaze, his eyes immediately lighting with interest. His tongue flicked in that rapid-fire way he had over each of his lip rings, one at a time. Back and forth. Hypnotic. He stepped close to Wren, so close that the other sub had to tilt his head to look up at him. Bending, quick strike like, he caught Wren’s bottom lip between his teeth with a suckling pull, giving him a kiss that was full of sex and the kind of dominance only another sub hell bent on trouble could come up with.

Having been the target of that kind of heavy seduction, Danny held his breath, his pulse speeding up as his blood pumped low. For a minute, he almost forgot why he was here. Or that anything terrible might happen. Two of the men who’d become more important than almost anyone before, except for Jamie who’d kept that spot in his life and always would, no matter how it had seemed for a bit, were sharing something intense and he didn’t want it to end. He couldn’t even think of ending it when Wren breathed out a soft sound of pleasure and brushed his fingers down the center of Avery’s chest.

Pulling Wren close, Avery palmed his ass, visibly digging long fingers into glutes framed by slacks that Jacks had tailored so well. The kiss turned slanted, hungry, and open mouthed, Avery pressing his hips against Wren’s in a slow fucking motion. A bump and grind that was part dance and part demand. 

Would the two get in less trouble if Jared and Rhodey caught them in here messing around? Danny considered all the different punishments he’d heard about the Core subs getting during the times they all sat around trying to one-up each other. He never had much to add, even getting the belt once in a while from Shea, or that one time Curtis had whipped him, was pretty tame in comparison.

But...there was no way Jared wouldn’t find out what had already happened. And layering punishments didn’t seem like the best idea ever.

Avery only has two hands…

“Uh...so…” Danny wasn’t sure either Avery or Wren could hear him. And he didn’t want to piss Avery off by yelling at him. As much as he loved the other man, he never, ever forgot who he was. Still speaking quietly, hoping his words would eventually reach one of them, he tried again. “This will add to the look. Messy hair and red lips...but… Well, maybe you should look like you’re trying to behave yourselves? A little?”

“Do you want to behave, Wren?” Eyes deep pools of navy blue, Avery spoke against the other sub’s kiss-swollen lips. “Or do you want to crawl through the air ducts with me to my space over the bar and let me fuck you raw?”

The look in Wren’s eyes made it very clear why Jamie had so many really dirty stories to share with Danny every time they brainstormed in his private loft in the Center. No matter how good and smart the other sub was, Danny was pretty sure if he asked Wren the definition of ‘rules’ right now, he wouldn’t be able to come up with an answer. His subtle nod proved it.

Where is Quint when you need him?

Danny shook his head. “No, that would be a bad idea. If the Doms have to search for you this will get so much worse. How about you...sit down and…I can get you some water? Ice water?”

Sucking one of Wren’s fingers into his mouth, Avery made a slurping sound, then scraped his teeth over the pad at its tip. His growl was a little like Jamie’s, except with more testosterone behind it, less purring kitten. He pointed to the console. Then the open air duct in the wall above. “I’ll give you a boost. Then watch your ass the whole way there. Like I used to watch you when you didn’t know who I was. Or what I’d come here to do to you.”

For some reason—maybe because he was more than a little twisted—the last had Wren’s brown eyes darkening even more. “Will you give me more details of what you would've done to me?”

Avery lowered his lips to Wren’s ear. “I’ll do you one better...and pretend to do it.”

Oh shit.

This was a story Danny had heard a lot more about than he’d ever wanted to, and kept his fear of Avery at a healthy level, even though he’d trust the man with his life...so long as they were on the same side. Would cockblocking him count as being on the wrong side? Danny wasn’t sure and he really didn’t want to die trying to be all noble and...whatever it was he was trying to do here.

He was failing his mission in every way and it had seemed like the perfect idea. Except for asking Jacks not to be here when they definitely needed a Dom. Or thinking he would be any good at managing two much more experienced subs, one of them being an Alpha to pretty much anyone who wasn’t Rhodey or a merc who outranked him. And Danny couldn’t imagine there being many of those.

“Don’t go anywhere yet. I think…” Danny scrambled for a good reason to keep them right here. “I know you’re both horny now, but you did some stuff, right? You need to monitor it. And...and Keiran is still doing...whatever he’s doing to Trevor, right? What if something goes wrong and you were too distracted to respond? Just...stay here. Don’t make any sudden movements, I’ll be right back.”

At the mention of Keiran, Avery glanced over Wren’s shoulder at the monitors, swearing softly. He pressed a finger to his ear like turned his audio monitor back on. “You alright, K?”

Not wanting to waste the bit of time he’d bought himself, Danny scurried out of the security room and down the stairs. The gym was empty so he made good time toward the bar. His only plan was ice water. Maybe a bucket of it. The wet look was hot anyway so it would get things back on track and show off Jacks’ costumes like photographers did sometimes in the fancy photoshoots. Danny loved watching those whenever Jacks was able to record the whole thing. If he didn’t get dead tonight—Reed’s offhanded way of putting it fit really good now—maybe he’d rewatch a few tomorrow. And hide in their loft, where it was safe and things made sense.

Ducking into the storage closet at the last second, Danny grabbed a bucket, then stumbled into the bar as the door opened in front of him, falling half over the bucket at Jared’s feet.

“What—” Jared’s the fuck are you doing was aborted, but still really really clear in the one growled word. He glanced over his shoulder, then back at Danny. “Are you all right, little Despereaux? If not, I can take you to the clinic. I need to make it quick though. Wren is in need of a leash.”

There weren’t many options left to avoid things getting really bad, really fast. Danny tried for the best one. Hopefully the one that would keep Wren and Avery out of trouble. “I’m fine, sir. And Wren’s right where he was told to be so I don’t think he needs a leash or anything like that. He and Avery are doing exactly what Noah told them. Or Curtis. Or...both. I’m not sure, but they’re most definitely following orders and you don’t need to be mad.”

If Jacks had thought Shea’s dragon was amazing, then he would definitely be impressed with the way Jared’s entire body shifted. Nostrils flared, neck elongating, he seemed to grow wider and taller and just...bigger from one heartbeat to the next. Most of the time his snake tattoo was hidden behind the collar of his dress shirts. But not now. Joining him, it slithered from behind the fabric to fix Danny with its glittering beady eyes.

“What. Exactly. Did Curtis tell him to do?” Jared secured Danny’s upper arms.

Danny swallowed, staring up into ice blue eyes, for the first time understanding why so many subs around The Asylum were afraid of the Dom. There was no way he could lie to him. Not even if he’d wanted to. “Something about targeting Trevor and anyone connected to him. I don’t know the details, sir, but they have permission. That makes it okay. Curtis wouldn’t have told them to do it otherwise.”

Dropping his hands, Jared looked toward the ring, which was currently empty. It didn’t take a genius to guess where his mind had just gone. The only thing missing from his expression to turn him into a real life dragon was smoke or flames coming from his nostrils. Maybe there were such things as ice dragons? If not, Jacks should definitely invent one.

“Go find your Dom, Danny. Stay out of the gym for the next hour.” Striding away, Jared cut across the gym, weaving around toppled chairs and red cups, back toward the bar. When he pushed through the double doors, they slammed open so hard the only thing preventing them from rebounding into his face was the speed with which he moved through them. Before they swung back, Jared’s thunderous growl seemed to shake the floor boards. “Curtis! Get your fucking ass in the fucking ring.”

That had not gone at all as planned. Danny glanced toward the dance club, torn between needing to follow Jared’s order, and knowing that would only drag Jacks into this mess. And as much as he loved his Dom, there was no way he’d stand a chance, getting between Jared and Curtis.

I need to get Lawson.

The dance club door opened, one of the misfit subs slipping into the gym with a curious look on his face. Pauly, who’d gotten in trouble earlier. He didn’t seem like such a bad guy, just...a bit misled, like the guys in the sub cliques sometimes got.

“Hey, do you know where Lawson is?” Danny wouldn’t do anyone any good, wandering around the club looking for him. He’d come down at some point, but not to the dance club.

Pauly tapped his fingers on his chin, then snapped his fingers. “Yeah, he’s in the dungeon. I’m sure he’ll be there for the rest of the night. I heard the place was a mess.”

“Thank you.” Darting past the security doors, Danny slipped into one of the vents Avery had shown him, near the back space behind the stairs. He hated being in here, he was always afraid he’d slip, but Avery was a very good teacher.

And this was the fastest way to get to the dungeon. Past the lineup that would be in the stairwell. Straight to Lawson who’d know how to stop Jared from tearing Curtis into the little pieces that Wren always said were harder to sew together.

The visual was a lot more frightening than slipping into the dungeon through the small section of wall Avery had shown him to slide over without drawing anyone’s attention. Not that either of them had dared to go in there, but he’d gotten a peek inside. Enough to remind him why he never wanted to go in there without his play collar on. In pupspace. When he didn’t have to worry about all those dangerous tools and the sounds that were right out of a horror movie.

All around him as he crawled along the wall, there were cries and screams. A zap of electricity. Some kind of gurgling, as though someone was being drowned. He couldn’t see much beyond the boots of Doms and the bare feet of different subs in various states of undress.

There was no way he’d find Lawson like this. Pushing to his feet, he dodged a crowd that had gathered around where the electric noise was coming from. His back hit something hard. A pillar. Scurrying past it, he met another thick group. There were too many people.

Backing away, he turned as a familiar CRACK sounded, much too close. A red flash came. A streak of fire, searing across his face. He heard a scream. His own. The floor under him as he tried to drag himself away from the pain that followed. There was something else in the air around him, panicked voices. A few shouts. He struggled to escape them, but there was no way to retreat the way he’d come.

Just like he’d known he’d be if he came in here, he was trapped. And suffering. And...he hadn’t found the Dom he’d come for to stop the impending disaster going on downstairs. Because…

Lawson isn’t here.

And Danny wasn’t sure he’d ever get out. His very worst fears were closing in.

Leaving him in pain and darkness, with nowhere else to go. 


*****

To keep up to date on all the happenings with The Asylum Fight Club, sign up to the newsletter HERE: https://www.subscribepage.com/j4m0q5 

There's also a new twitter account: https://twitter.com/asylumfightclub

And tons of socials where you can find info on the core! Keep an eye out for all the links so you never miss a thing!

Looking for official Asylum Fight Club merchandise? You can find it here: https://www.zazzle.com/store/asylumfightclub/products

As always, comments are welcome and spoilers can be discussed in the spoiler group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/244198880244923 


Comments

  1. *whimper* you can't leave us like that......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Danny! Someone needs to save him fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny, Avery, and Wren all my favorites together, hilarious. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, poor Danny and he wants to make it all beter. Avery and Wren are hot together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Danny! Avery and wren so hot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooooo don’t leave us hanging!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts