Love & Stitches at The Asylum: Part Thirty-Nine

 




Last week you were left with a bit of a cliffhanger, so let's not keep you waiting any longer!

Happy Reading!

 

There were very few absolutes in a power exchange, but the ones that existed were there for a reason. Never say never...and respect the limits laid out by the submissive. Those were two good ones. Coming up against either tended to require a full stop, discussion, and a reset. Except when the submissive in question was under the protection of a mercenary sub with death in his eyes.

One moment, Jared held the keys to Pike’s obedience, his mind moving into a quiet, careful space where his sub required his full attention and care. A safeword had been spoken. The next, he pivoted to physical defense as Quint launched himself from his seat. Stance morphing into a block, Jared pushed Pike behind himself, out of harm’s way.

The shift in the room was immediate. 

Keiran half tackled Quint to the floor and instantly twisted away, clearly expecting the more experienced merc to strike out and getting himself out of reach. The command must have come quickly, because he moved with a smooth synchronicity with his co-sub and his Dom, splitting Quint’s focus.

A swift movement came from behind Jared, followed by a curse. Pike’s hand bunched in the back of Jared’s shirt, but whatever he’d planned to do, he ended up using his grip to keep himself from falling on his face. “Fuck off, Danny, I swear to fucking God.”

Avery launched himself onto one of the desks, his forward motion a graceful arcing blur. He flipped over Quint’s head to land on the other sub’s back, arms around his neck in a choke hold. Knocking a desk out of the way, Dallas came in like a dozer—the way he often did in the ring—for a pile drive to Quint’s midsection.

Letting out a piercing whistle on impulse alone, Jared held up his hands. “Time. The. Fuck. Out.”

“Holy shit.” Tangled up with Pike behind Jared, having moved when the focus was on the bigger threat, Reed gasped as everyone stilled. “Please tell me that worked?”

Curtis cleared a path through the desks to both Pike and Reed, though it was unclear which one he tried to reach first until he tugged them to him and held both close. “Are you all right?”

Wiping a hand over his brow, Jared pointed at Quint with the other. “Settle. No one is hurting him.”

Pike snarled at Reed, twisting a bit in Curtis’ arms. “Why the fuck did you grab me?”

“Because if you hit Danny things were gonna get real bad for you real fast.” Reed blew out a breath. “I was giving you a second to calm the fuck down.”

Jerking out of Avery’s hold, Quint took a step back. “I need… Sir, please…I need to see him.”

“You may, once you sit and take a deep breath.” Jared leaned back heavily against his desk, willing the room to stay this room and not become some other, fully aware that interactions involving violence and this particular man—this sub—could spiral out of his control quickly. “Let’s all take a breath.”

Slipping out of his seat, Jamie went to the kitchen. Jared heard the sounds of the icemaker and water pouring into several glasses. He held out a hand to Wren, motioning him closer. “Danny, are you under my desk now?”

“Yes, sir.” Danny’s tone was breathless, either from his interaction with Pike or because it had struck him how badly things could have gone if Pike had hit him. “Can I please stay here?”

“Yes.” Nodding, though Danny couldn’t see him, Jared tucked Wren into his side. “As long as you can truthfully tell me you are uninjured.” His time training Wren having taught him to be specific, he tacked on, “No new injuries, that is.”

Danny sniffed, quiet for a second. “No new ones, sir. I’m okay. I’m…I’m okay.”

Dropping onto his chair, Quint raked his fingers through his hair, holding his head in his hands. His shirt was ripped in a few places, his muscles tense, as though it took every ounce of strength for him to stay where he was.

In the middle of the room, Keiran crouched in front of Avery, looking him over and glaring at Quint like he still hadn’t decided he wasn’t a threat. But his words were for Avery. “Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? I get to fucking check, we have a deal.”

Avery nodded, giving Keiran a lopsided smile. “Never did that with caned feet before. Good to know I can do it, right, sir?” Obviously, Avery didn’t speak to Keiran. 

Moving around the desk, Dallas crouched down, speaking quietly to Danny. “Nice moves, Danger Mouse. Want a cuddle?”

“Yes, please.” Danny’s voice broke. “I don’t have the hard patch on anymore. The scary doctor said…you know what he said. If it doesn’t get a chance to heal all the way… But I couldn’t do nothing.”

Shoulders hunched, Quint looked like he’d taken another blow. “I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry, sir. I’m so damn sorry. I should have shown more control.”

Tempted to snap, ‘Or given more,’ Jared motioned Pike toward Quint, reluctant to touch the boy quite yet. “Go see him. He needs you.”

Glancing up at Curtis, Pike spoke in a rush. “I’m fine.” He darted across the room to wrap his arms around Quint. “I’m here. Look at me, I’m fine, I promise. I was overwhelmed, not… Fuck, Quint.” He lowered to his knees, meeting Quint’s eyes when he lifted his head. “The safeword isn’t supposed to…do that. Everything’s supposed to stop. I won’t use it anymore. I didn’t know.”

Quint picked him up and cradled him against his chest. “Don’t say that. This was my mistake, not yours.”

Returning with a tray full of water glasses and beverages, Jamie handed them around to everyone. Dallas stuck a hand over the top of the desk to wave. “Pineapple juice here, please.”

“Alright.” Frowning down at Wren, Jared tried to determine if he was ‘fine’ as well. “You’re so quiet, little raven. What do you need? A pretzel? Grapefruit juice?”

Shaking his head, Wren stared at the floor. “I did…nothing, sir. I should have been there for you, but I couldn’t move. It was…so fast. This wasn’t supposed to happen.” He lifted his eyes, narrowing them at Quint. “We were supposed to trust him.”

“Let’s take a step back.” Motioning vaguely around the room, Jared indicated the desks. “Move them to the side. Let’s sit in a circle on the floor. Jamie, Reed, are you able to get the nap cushions from the playroom?”

Reed nodded, hugging Curtis before slipping away to move to Jamie’s side. “On it, sir.”

The sound of desks moving across the hardwood had Curtis visibly wincing. He crossed to tap Jamie on the shoulder. “You get the cushions. I’ll take care of this with Reed.”

“Yes, si—” Jamie swallowed the word. “Sorry, Curtis.”

“No worries. I’m not feeling very submissive right now, truth be told.” Taking one side of the desk, he lifted it with Reed so it wouldn’t mar the floor.

Stepping quietly around them, Wren began moving the chairs and picking up scattered notebooks, Keiran joining him until the floor was cleared.

Jared crouched down behind the desk to check on Danny. Dallas moved to the side a little, giving him access so he could use his phone light to look the sub over. 

“Well, that was exciting, wasn’t it?” Pressing Danny’s hair back from his forehead, Jared gently tipped his head back to peek under his soft fabric patch. “We’ll try to avoid more of that. If you sit in my lap will you be okay joining us?”

Nodding, Danny sniffed, then hiccuped. “Yes, sir. You’re nice and warm. But if it’s going to be more difficult for you to deal with…everyone, you don’t have to. You’re a much better fighter than I am.”

“I appreciate that, little Despereaux. Everyone has been dealt with.” For now... Unable to think further than the immediate emotional needs of everyone in the room, Jared moved back onto his heels, holding his arms open for Danny. “Let’s see what we can do to help everyone get a little steadier.”

Crawling out from under the desk, Danny slipped into Jared’s arms, wrapping his own around the back of his neck. He took a deep breath. “I’d really like that, sir. This is Sub 101, not fight club. I think we need to put that in the syllabus.”

“That and a great many other things.” Standing, Jared pressed a kiss to Danny’s cheek. “I think class one is going to be three classes.” Noting that the colorful cushions with cute kitten, puppy, and other animal prints had been laid out in a circle, Jared nodded his approval at Jamie and Wren, then Reed. “Gather the snacks from the kitchen and bring them to the middle of the circle. Everyone is free to move about the room as they need to, but if you wish to speak you will sit on your cushion.”

 Keiran shook his head at Jamie and Wren before either could go to the kitchen. He looked at Jared. “May I take care of that while Jamie and Wren cuddle on the cushions, sir? I need to…move around for a bit. And it’s…food.”

“Yes, of course. I apologize, my boy.” Jared settled onto the blue dancing bear cushion, bringing Danny with him. “If you’re uninjured and up to it, please take that on. We might actually get some clean plates.” He winked at Jamie to show he was kidding, and patted a cushion to his right. “Sit by me, my boys.”

Carefully taking Jamie’s hand, Wren approached with him, lowering to the cushion. His brow furrowed. “Should I have checked everyone, sir? No one seems injured who does not deserve to be.”

“Quint, how is your throat?” Though Quint hadn’t seemed to sustain much damage, Jared knew exactly how much injury could lurk in soft tissue.

Rubbing his hand up and down Pike’s arm in a rhythmic motion, Quint spoke softly. “There is nothing to be concerned about, sir. I’ve dealt with much worse. And may have if Rhodey’s men hadn’t shown so much restraint.”

“Not to touch a nerve, but that wasn’t the question I asked. I won’t press the matter. You and I, however, have known each other far too long for you to disrespect me with evasions and half answers. I would ask that you consider what that tag means to you and let me know before the next class if it’s something you find more than symbolic or sentimental.” Chest tight at the thought of losing what he had with Quint all over again, Jared forced himself to speak. “I don’t want to apply pressure. Only honest reflection. And if you find that it doesn’t mean what it used to, you will let me know.”

Quint lifted his head, his eyes pleading. “Sir, I don’t need any time to answer that. I don’t want to lose you again. It means everything to me. This was…” He took a shaky breath, holding Pike a little tighter. “I wasn’t trying to protect him from you. Not really. But my reaction was…very wrong. I’m sorry.”

“Then it seems we have both a problem and a mystery to solve.” Leaning forward with Danny, Jared grabbed a bottle of water and cracked the cap before he handed it to the boy. “First, however, when we’re all settled, we’re going to talk about safewords. Both in general and for this class.”

Tension radiated through Quint, his jaw ticking. “Yes, sir. But I meant what I said to him. He had every right to use it.”

“Oh?” Irritation, anger, and hurt skittered up Jared’s spine, the Dominant part of him itching to put Quint in his place. The patient, long-game player in him willing to wait things out to see where they went. “Please, enlighten me.”

Quint sat up a bit straighter, hushing Pike when he opened his mouth. “You pushed him too far and he needed it to stop. That is exactly what the word is for. My reaction was the one that was uncalled for. I know you would have handled things as they should be handled. But at that moment, all I saw was that he’d reached his limit. I made it my responsibility when I shouldn’t have.”

At the back of the room, Curtis paced along the row of desks, looking like a caged animal. Jared spared him a glance. “You need to go downstairs, my man.”

“What? Why…?” Curtis’ head snapped up, then he closed his eyes, blowing out a breath, seeming to deflate a little. “Yeah. Yeah, I do.” Throwing Reed and Pike an apologetic look, he removed his cuff and stuffed it into his pocket. “Maybe next time.”

“Maybe next time.” Needing his focus for Quint, Jared nodded, returning his attention to the room as Curtis left quietly. “Now, where were we? Oh, yes. That’s right. Me pushing Pike too far... Pike?” Turning his focus to Pike, Jared kept his tone emotionless, but not unkind. “Did I push you too far? Is that what led you to safeword? Did you feel unsafe mentally or physically? Overwhelmed or incapable of giving consent? Unwilling?”

Grinding his teeth, Pike glared at the floor. “Yes. I was…I couldn’t do it anymore. You win. But I’m never using it again so you don’t gotta worry. It’s your class, though, so if you want to kick me out, too, I ain’t gonna complain. All this happened because of me.”

There was so much to unpack there, Jared didn’t quite know where to begin. Picturing everyone in the bar watching him flail and fail, he cleared his throat. “Why don’t we start with Curtis. He agreed to leave because he is in a Dominant headspace right now. He is not feeling submissive, and therefore would have a greater chance of interrupting the flow of the class. Or of even doing some harm to himself by trying to fit in when he isn’t feeling it. When he is in a submissive mindframe? He is more than welcome to walk in that door anytime.”

“Curtis isn’t the one who was bad. I am. You don’t gotta deal with me.” Pike rubbed his fists over his eyes. “I didn’t safeword because I don’t trust you. I would’ve asked for Seth if it was that. I…safeworded because I do trust you and I needed…something. I didn’t feel safe because…I was in a bad place. But it doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Curtis wasn’t the least bit bad, as you put it. He’s not in a headspace to absorb the class right now. This space is for me to teach in and for you to learn in. As a submissive. There can only be one Dom or instructor in here at a time. In control.” Jared met Quint’s eyes, hoping he understood the implications of what Pike was saying. “It does matter that you safeworded. I’m proud of you for doing so, which I haven’t had the opportunity to say before now. You did one of the hardest things in any power exchange. Or in any relationship. You voiced your boundary. Your needs. That is something that will always be respected and will never be punished or overlooked.” Taking the water bottle from Danny’s fingers, Jared rubbed Danny’s hands between his palms to warm them. “We’re going to talk about why you used your safeword so I can understand our boundaries better, your needs more completely, and so you can understand where things went off the rails. I could use more insight into this as well.”

Pike shifted uncomfortably. “I couldn’t deal with Quint being punished because of me. And he was being. Everything was messing with him. I thought I could just get the least points and be the bad one but it was getting worse and worse and I couldn’t fix anything and it felt wrong.” He made a frustrated sound. “I’m not good at explaining this stuff. You’re smarter and stronger than me and I needed you to…make it all stop…getting deeper.”

“I can see where my experience would be overwhelming. You are, however, perfectly smart and capable of understanding how to engage with any number of people from different backgrounds and abilities. Provided you come at the interaction with an eye toward the correct outcome.” Adjusting Danny sideways on his lap, Jared pressed his hand to the back of his head to reassure him. “Would you believe me if I said the only real flaw in what you did was in your goal? That it opened you up to my abilities and experience in a way that you couldn’t recover from without either changing your goal or safewording?” He shook his head a little. “Actually, that’s untrue. You could’ve continued down the path you were on, and you would’ve immediately ended up with six cane stripes on your bare ass. But I’m very glad you didn’t go there. Quint would’ve likely been successful in his takedown attempt.”

Wincing, Pike brought his hands down to Quint’s wrists, holding them and biting his bottom lip hard. “No. I don’t want that. I don’t want…him to save me from my consequences. It’s not right. Then he’s just…here for me.” His throat worked. “Maybe…maybe he can leave the room if that happens? Until it’s over?”

“What do you think?” Jared raised his gaze to meet Quint’s. “Would leaving the room accomplish anything for either of you?”

Quint pressed his eyes shut. “Yes, sir. It shouldn’t. I should be able to stay, but I believe I just proved I can’t handle that kind of situation. I do…want to work on it, though. It’s just as unfair for Pike’s experience here to revolve around what he thinks I want or need. This could have turned out much differently and been something important he could have learned from you. I ruined that.”

“Well, I don’t know why you think I give up so easily.” Lips twitching, Jared repressed a smile. “I am sitting on a floor, having a discussion group rather than holding a class, apparently, because there’s nothing we’re learning here.” 

When Jamie snickered next to him, Jared reached out without looking to pinch his ball sack. Jumping, Jamie hissed, his palm going to his crotch. Jared caught his wrist, holding it, never missing a beat.

“Tell me, Quint. If Seth had been about to cane Pike, and he’d safeworded, what would you have done?” Fingers firmly around Jamie’s wrist, Jared issued a little “Ep,” when he started to reach with his other hand to soothe his injury. “Would you have gotten angry or felt you needed to protect him?”

Quint’s brow furrowed. “He wouldn’t do that, sir. There’s no way to answer that because it would never happen.”

Hearing that Quint trusted Seth more than himself—despite knowing this to be the case—kicked him in the gut. He put these feelings aside as well, knowing he couldn’t issue Pike’s punishment. None of the subs, nor their Dom, felt safe with him. That much was obvious. It would do more psychological harm for Jared to involve himself in meting out the cane strokes the sub had more-than earned. Whether it was possible for them all to recover the trust they’d been building was uncertain, but in the future any punishments Pike or Quint earned would be delivered by the Dom who didn’t trigger them. 

“Well, it is exactly what will happen in about fifteen minutes, so I would suggest you try to picture it.” Signaling Rhodey with his words, Jared nodded toward the door. “We will all be going to the dungeon. Where you will both be punished. And I hope we can clear the slate so we can continue to move forward in here. A safeword may stop a scene, but it doesn’t prevent an earned punishment from happening when things are in a better place.”

Lips parted, Quint stared at him. “I can understand that for myself, sir. I deserve it.” He wrapped his arms protectively around Pike. “Nothing he did deserves that. Please, sir, if you need to make an example, use me.”

Dallas growled. “Bad form. What has Jared ever done to make you think he’s a petty, vindictive son of a bitch who’d make an example of someone?”

Shrugging a little, Jared hid his own hurt as he studied the rafters, head tipped back. “Oh, I can be vindictive, but no. Not with a sub or a situation like this.” He lowered his gaze, letting go of Jamie’s wrist. “Unforgiving? Yes. Unfeeling? Yes. But not with those I love. And who I thought loved me.”

“I didn’t mean… Damn it, sir, I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can say that will get across what I mean the right way.” Quint brought his hand to his chest. “I love you. My not understanding the situation doesn’t change that. I do understand you needing to be very firm considering the rules I broke. I understand that any leniency would do a disservice to myself and the rest of the subs under your care right now.” He brought his other hand to Pike’s chest. “Why him?”

Jared glanced at the board where Pike’s one point hadn’t yet been erased. “On top of swearing repeatedly, trying to manipulate me, flagrant disrespect, disobedience, and controlling—or attempting to control—a situation he had no business inserting himself in? Namely, your own, which would not have become so precarious, had you both calmed down and stopped trying to assert Dominance when submission was required? I don’t know. I probably could think of something, but that was enough.”

Stroking his hand up and down Quint’s arm, Pike spoke softly to him. “He’s right. I did all that. I can take it, it’s okay.” Pike sat forward a little. “Sir, can I…? I wanna say, I’m really sorry. I didn’t think I could do good in this class, but I really wanted to. I want Seth to be proud of me. I want you to be too. And…I just want to be able to come back. So thanks for not…kicking me out.”

“No one is being kicked out. Let’s put that idea to rest now.” Petting Danny’s back, Jared whispered to him, remembering his promise to Rhodey to protect him and keep him soft and safe. “You don’t need to go to the dungeon. Go find your Doms in the bar now, and we’ll see you in the next class.”

Nodding quickly, Danny gave him a little hug, then scrambled to the door. He paused, picking Fresco up when he darted out from wherever he’d been hiding. Lashes wet, he met Pike’s eyes. “I’ll bring him to Drew until…until you can go get him.”

Pike rubbed his hands on his thighs. “I really appreciate that, man. Thanks.”

“Good boy.” Jared didn’t immediately stand when Danny left. He studied his own hands in his lap, then lifted his head to meet Quint’s eyes. “You will get there, my boy. We both will. But you don’t trust me, and it’s why I won’t be issuing Pike’s punishment, or yours. Now or in the future.”

Lips pressed together, Quint inclined his head. “I see. Thank you for letting me know, sir.”

“Right.” On that note, Jared got to his feet, realizing he had a room full of subs, not just Quint and Pike, looking at him. “Jamie and Keiran. You’re partners today. Hold hands in the dungeon. If one of you steps out of line—this goes for all pairs—both you and your partner will be punished. This isn’t a place to play.”

Keiran gave a sharp nod. “Understood, sir.”

Waiting until everyone held the hand of their partner, Jared led the way out of the loft, down one flight to the dungeon, batting away his own feelings. Feelings he’d have to deal with and reconstruct later, but that wouldn’t get in the way now when he needed to ensure everyone else’s physical and mental safety.

At the door to the dungeon, holding it open, Rhodey stopped Avery before he could pass, leaning down to brush a kiss to his cheek. “You did very well, my boy. I’m impressed.”

Eyes shining, Avery nodded, looking down to see where his feet were and stepping back a few inches so none of him or Reed—whose hand he held—was inside the dungeon before he answered. “Thank you, sir.”

Inside the dungeon, Lawson stood next to Noah. He caught sight of Matt and started forward, stopping when Noah put a hand on his arm.

“Class isn’t over, my man.” Noah glanced at Wren and Jamie. “Let Jared decide where he wants them.”

Curtis stepped through the security room door, joining Lawson and Noah. Blowing out a breath, he gave them both a tight smile. “Sorry.”

Shaking his head, Lawson took hold of Curtis’ hand, squeezing lightly. “You have nothing to be sorry for. But I’m glad you’re here.”

At the spanking bench, Jared paused, then glanced at the stocks. Not binding Quint would be cruel, but he’d give the boy a chance to decide for himself. “Quint.” He turned, facing his sub, studying his drawn features. “Do you need to be bound during Pike’s punishment?”

Throat working, Quint nodded. “Yes. If it pleases you, sir.” His eyes searched the dungeon before he lowered his gaze to the floor.

A movement of the air told Jared when Bizzy arrived, also from the direction of the security room. Grim faced, eyes finding Jared immediately, he telegraphed a tsunami of anger in Jared’s direction. It appeared the entire family unit wasn’t a fan of his methods.

Sighing internally, Jared gave Quint the hand signal to strip. “We’ll settle you into the stocks. I apologize that you’ll have a view of Pike’s punishment, but you may close your eyes if you wish.”

Fingers going to the buttons of his shirt, skipping over the one that was missing, Quint began undoing them.

“Sir?” Pike wasn’t looking at Jared now. He focused on Seth, his bottom lip trembling. “I need you. I can’t…”

“I’ve got you, pixie.” Kneeling, Seth brought himself down to Pike’s level to give him a kiss, then a bracing smile. “We’ll use the junior cane. It’s not terrible. You’ll see.” His own fingers were steady as he shucked the sweater Quint had laid over Pike’s shoulders with tender care, before getting to work on his buttons. “And we’re having sundaes tonight after you do your art homework. Weren’t you working on caricatures? I can think of a few people to draw silly pictures of around here.” His gaze flicked toward Jared and back to Pike. “And we’re not leaving the loft for the next two days.”

From Bizzy, that qualified as a ramble. Ignoring the jibe and giving them a little privacy, Jared faced the other subs. Matt stood closer to Reed, who held Avery’s hand. Clustered behind them were Jamie and Keiran, with Wren and Dallas close. “Line up here, please. Shoulder to shoulder.” Indicating a position that would put them out of the way of the cane, but in full view of both punishments, Jared drew an imaginary line with his boot. “No talking. No vocalizing. You will be punished for breaking this rule.”

Reed shifted in place, gaze locked on Lawson and Curtis, Lawson seeming to communicate something to him with his level look, before catching Matt’s eyes. It was like he was sending them both every bit of strength he could from across the room, issuing silent commands only they could understand.

Unfastening the stocks, Jared focused on flipping them open and checking for rough places that might catch or injure the occupant. He tested the hinge and tugged hard on the neck, attempting to dislodge it from the floor. Everything in order, he motioned Quint forward.

With long strides, his clothes left in a neat pile on the floor, Quint came to the stocks. He didn’t say a word, simply following Jared’s directions the same way he might do anything else.

“Neck and wrists, please. Tell me when you’re comfortable.” Jared kept his eyes on Quint’s face, away from the lean muscled perfection of his body. This wasn’t play.

Getting into position, Quint stared straight ahead, hardly blinking. “I am comfortable, sir.”

Oh, my boy...

Indulging his emotions would only muddy the waters for everyone, so they remained locked behind a wall that was perilously close to crumbling. Later, he would ask himself all of the questions about where he’d failed. Right now, he’d be making a mockery of everything, including Quint’s strength and both subs’ trust in their Dom if he were to make it about himself. Resisting the urge to stroke Quint’s face, Jared lowered the upper arm of the stocks, watching for skin catch points as he latched it into place.

“All right?” Watching Quint’s face carefully, Jared asked the question.

There was nothing in Quint’s tone that told him how he was feeling. Or if he was feeling anything at all. It was level. Polite. With all the right words. “Yes, sir. I am all right.”

Standing next to Quint, not leaving him alone for a moment, Jared watched as Seth positioned Pike gently over the reconfigured spanking bench, the incline adjusted to allow the cane strikes to fall at the right points along his buttocks. 

Seth glanced up, his gaze seeking Lawson. “I don’t want to leave him alone. Would you mind…? I need a junior cane, please.”

Inclining his head, Lawson squeezed Curtis’ hand again, then paused, looking over at Noah. Something passed between them, Noah nodding and taking Lawson’s place at Curtis’ side, laying a hand on his shoulder as Lawson crossed the room to where the canes were displayed on the wall.

Lawson selected one, inspecting it as he crossed the room before handing it to Seth.

“Thank you, my man.” Taking the cane, Seth inspected it as well, then gave it a few experimental swishes, getting the feel of the implement in his hands. “Pixie, I’m going to count for you. You stay as still as you can so I’m able to keep from striking the same spot twice. There will be six. I know you’ve got this, my brave prince, but you cry all you need to. Daddy’s here.”

Already there were tears streaming down Pike’s face. He sucked in a breath. “I’m sorry. I’ll be strong for you, sir. I’m so sorry.”

“You be my boy. That’s all you need to be, love.” Running his hand soothingly down Pike’s flank, Seth inspected his skin, then kissed between his shoulder blades. He stepped back, lining up the cane across the fullest part of Pike’s ass, rubbing back and forth. “Starting now. One.”

Seth drew back the cane, not terribly far, landing it with a solid enough thwack to count as a strike, but not nearly what the instrument or the man was capable of. Which was perfectly alright. Maximum pain was not what this moment was about.

Jerking a little, Pike hissed through his teeth. At the noise, Quint made a rough sound, looking like he intended to test how solid the stocks truly were. Shaking his head, Pike bit his bottom lip hard, not even letting out a breath at the next strike.

In the subs’ line, Matt and Jamie looked at their feet, Dallas connecting with Keiran’s gaze over their heads. Jared saw Curtis’ flinches, but his own eyes didn’t leave Reed’s face.

No one had ever collectively reacted to a punishment this way before. Which left Jared with the feeling he’d gone very very wrong. Quite an unpleasant place to be, but not one he could stop to indulge.

Seth murmured something after the fourth strike, leaning down to check with Pike. “Almost there. Good boy. Such beautiful tears. Let’s do something more fun to make them next time.”

Nodding, Pike licked his bottom lip, which he’d bitten hard enough to draw blood. He made a face, as though he didn’t like the taste. “I-I’ll be really really good. Can I have some cake?”

“A whole cake.” Seth glanced over at Keiran, checking in with the sub.

Blinking fast, Keiran nodded, keeping his mouth shut as he’d been ordered. After a few seconds, he turned a bit to stare at the wall on the other side of the room.

“Let’s get this finished so we can have a better rest of the day.” Seth straightened, lining up the cane so it rested below the four red lines. “Five.”

Hand fisted at his side, Reed brought his gaze up to the ceiling, his stance a lot like it was when he was about to get in the ring to fight someone who’d pissed him off. Lawson snapped his fingers, trying to catch his attention, growling something at Noah’s hissed warning.

The strike hit a little closer to the fourth than Seth had likely intended, his soft swear carrying in the dungeon’s hushed confines, seeming to echo from every darkened station. He immediately dropped the cane on the ground. 

“That’s enough. Enough. Enough...” Releasing Pike, Seth pulled him into his arms, cradling him to his chest. He glared at Jared. “If your thirst for blood isn’t satisfied, you can take it up with me in the ring. Leave my subs the fuck alone.”

Nodding minutely, Jared undid the latch to the stocks, setting Quint free with a gentle push to the upper bar. “Get dressed, please. Your Dom needs you.” Turning, he faced his class. “Dismissed. Exit the dungeon, then go about your day.”

The first to move, Reed spun around on his heel, walking to the door of the dungeon and slamming his fist into it before he shoved the door open and disappeared into the stairwell. Wren shifted closer to Jamie, lacing their fingers together.

Before anyone else had moved a muscle, Lawson had cut across the distance, pulling Matt to his chest and whispering soft, comforting words to him. He motioned for Curtis to join them.

Keeping his gaze straight ahead as he walked past Jared, Curtis met up with his family, placing his arm around Matt’s shoulders on his other side. He looked to the right as they passed the Dom’s lounge, where Seth had brought Pike to the cool darkness that bathed the space.

Only his boxers on, clothes bundled in his arms, Quint went over to Seth, kneeling at his feet and bowing his head.

Seth drew him in with a kiss to the top of his head and a quiet, “Good boy. I love you.”

“I love you too, sir.” Quint looked up at him, speaking softly. “He won’t be like me, sir. We’ll make sure of it.” He rested his hand at the base of Pike’s spine. “He’ll always be our little brat.”

Something about Seth stilled, his breath seeming to cease as he looked down at Quint. Pain etched in every feature. “I’m so fucking sorry for what I did to you, my boy. So fucking sorry.”

Quint sighed, placing his other hand on Seth’s knee. “Sir, I survived because of you. I’m not sorry. I’m here now.” He glanced at Pike. “But…I want him to be able to do more than survive. I don’t want him to lose that spirit. I’m not…going about it the right way, but damn it, I’m trying.”

Coming to Jared’s side, Noah put an arm around him. “That was…a difficult class, my love. How are you? Which is probably a ridiculous question, but…I was hoping it would be easier. This was important.”

“I should have let them sit together... I thought there was something left of Quint’s self to be saved...” Unable to tear his gaze away from the Dom’s lounge, Jared barely spoke above a whisper. “Turns out Pike is the only piece of him left. It’s where he keeps...his soul. In that rascal’s heart.”

That meant exactly what Jared had feared all those years ago had come to pass. Quint had given his soul up to him and Seth for safekeeping.

But they hadn’t kept it safe at all.

They’d lost it, and the only glimmer that remained belonged to a boy with bright blue hair, and a saucy grin. Who needed to be protected at all costs.

Or there would be nothing left.

**** 

Check back tomorrow for Part 40

 

To keep up to date on all the happenings with The Asylum Fight Club, sign up to the newsletter HERE: https://www.subscribepage.com/j4m0q5 

There's also a new twitter account: https://twitter.com/asylumfightclub

And tons of socials where you can find info on the core! Keep an eye out for all the links so you never miss a thing!

Looking for official Asylum Fight Club merchandise? You can find it here: https://www.zazzle.com/store/asylumfightclub/products

As always, comments are welcome and spoilers can be discussed in the spoiler group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/244198880244923 


 

 


Comments

  1. Quint ❤️‍🩹 but also Jared 💔 the poor man’s just trying to gives these boys what they asked for and they are not gonna make it easy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for Jared, he meens well but what a mess this class 😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the tears for all of them, and poor Jared, Seth, and Quint 😭

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jared. And when Seth said Daddy's here ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've spent too long in the Asylum. I'm now very upset for Jared and irrationally angry at Quint and Seth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts