Love & Stitches at The Asylum: Part Forty-Two


Happy Sunday, Asylum friends!

In case you missed it, we'll be publishing the rest of Book Two of Love & Stitches over the next few weeks (there will be a Book Three), but if you want to jump the line the complete book is available at all digital retailers, and is also available in print

Thanks for following along and supporting the series, and for posting so many outrageously fun memes in The Asylum group as well as the Spoiler Group on Facebook. You make every day brighter by reaching out and sharing your love for these fellas.

If you're looking for us, we'll be in The Asylum group, in the I'm No Angel group, and in the Seekrit Clubhouse

Stay warm and safe!

xo

*****

*****

Settling into the kitchen with Reed, enjoying his company, Jared almost forgot there'd been any trouble at all. The sharp knock on the loft door bringing his head around, he held up one finger to Reed. "Hold that thought."

One arm along the frame, one hand in his pocket, Curtis looked up at him from under lowered brows. “Where is he?”

Stepping back, Jared pointed toward the kitchen. It was clear Reed needed his Dom, but there was no need for Curtis to bring down the hammer. “Go easy. He’s in a good space.”

Curtis paused, taking a deep breath, eyes closing briefly, then nodded. “Got it.”

“Here.” Stepping forward, Noah brought L.D. right up in Curtis’ face, rubbing the cat’s fur against his cheek. “Cats have their own kind of magic. It’s impossible not to be in a better mood when you cuddle them.”

A dubious look on his face, Curtis reached out to scritch L.D. under the chin. “Yeah, but this one is a demon. Not a cat.” At which point, L.D. narrowed his green eyes and took a swipe at Curtis’ face, making the man jump back. “Ha! Missed!” Curtis stuck out his tongue. “Little bastard.”

Covering L.D.’s ears between one hand and his chest, Noah barely managed not getting clawed himself as he bent down to whisper to the cat. “Don’t listen to him. You’re a beautiful boy.” He sighed, lowering to let L.D. down when the creature started squirming. “Why won’t you let me love you?”

“You always did go for the ones who were hard to pet...before Jamie and Wren.” Curtis stepped inside, kicking the door shut behind him with his stocking foot, then called out. “Reed? What’s the damage? Are you in a full body cast, or am I still going to be able to put you in bubbles up to your neck?”

Sliding out of the kitchen with his hands behind his back, Reed flashed Curtis a bright smile. “Still good for bubbles. But, umm…not sure how many pieces I’ll be in once Lawson gets a look at the bill for the repairs on…a few of the cars. And…Rhodey’s SUV.”

Curtis’ eyes went wide, then closed as he blew out his second long breath in as many minutes. “Christ, you don’t do anything halfway, do you, sparkles?” He held out his arm, beckoning Reed to him. “And he’s not the only one you’re going to have to reckon with.”

“I know, sir. I’m sorry.” Reed closed the distance between them, burying his face against Curtis’ shoulder. “I figured going somewhere else to be all pissed off would be easier on everyone, but…it didn’t really work out so good.”

“Somehow?” Curtis jostled Reed with good-natured roughness that held a hint of frustration, and kissed him soundly on top of his head. “I think that was the point. Making sure we all noticed.” Letting Reed go, he spun him a quarter turn and plucked up his hands, wincing as he surveyed the damage. “Right. Definitely need a leash.”

Reed lowered his gaze, inhaling slowly. “You…always seem to think that, sir. That it’s a cry for attention or something. But I swear to you, it’s not. You’re doing plenty for me and so is Lawson. I just…I don’t know. Things build up and it’s not an issue until it is. Then I blow up. And I try not to make it anyone else’s problem, but I’m not usually thinking straight by the time I get there.”

Making a frustrated sound, Curtis pulled Reed into an embrace. “I should know the signs by now. They always seem so fucking clear in retrospect. Hindsight is a motherfucking bitch.” He rubbed Reed’s back, eyes closed. “Whatever it is, we’ll work through it. Though I’m betting you and Jared already talked a bunch?”

“Yeah. About a lot of stuff, sir.” Reed wrapped his arms around Curtis’ waist. “I know I’m a lot sometimes, and I don’t always like to do the talking thing, which makes it harder for you. I’m sorry and I’m gonna try to get better at it. And finding ways to…not blow up. Maybe…” He lifted his head, tugging at his bottom lip with his teeth. “When my hands are better, if Jared says I’m cleared for it, we can start training together again? I miss that. I miss getting in the ring with you. I miss…a lot of things.”

Gaze going a little misty, Curtis nodded. “Yeah. That’d be really good.” He brushed a few of Reed’s curls from his cheek, frowning a little as he took in the red mark that lingered there. “I always thought about you, me, and Noah running the dojo, you know? It’s a dream, but if you want to share it with me, I’d love to hire a new cook and get us the fuck out of this place to do something besides mop up after the members—not that I don’t love our work here, but I’m going stir crazy.” He glanced up at Jared. “When will he be strong enough? For things besides cooking?”

“He’ll need to work up to it slowly, but we can talk about a modified exercise regimen tomorrow. He should start testing his body a little. Not overdoing it by going Karate Kid on steel.” Jared leaned back against the hallway wall, exchanging a glance with Noah. “We all need to talk to Rhodey about what we can do to start getting back to normal. A plan. He’s getting overloaded himself, and...an apprentice to Keiran and Reed sounds like a plan. What about Drew?”

Noah made a thoughtful sound, folding his arms over his chest. “That could work out nicely. The boy seems to enjoy the work, and if Rhodey relaxes a bit, Stephan might be able to get out of the damn cells—as nice as they are. They’d be a calming influence on everyone. And as much as I enjoy Reed becoming a better cook, the demands of running the galley on his own when the club is packed is too much. No offense, Reed, but you don’t have the organizational skills to make it easier on yourself. And you seem much happier in the bar, working with Curtis and Matt.”

Sighing, Reed tipped his head forward, against Curtis’ shoulder. “I liked being able to contribute something important here. But if I can work with Curtis at the dojo, that would be awesome. I can still have a thing and do stuff here.”

Curtis broke into a beaming smile, straightening up. “Yeah? You’d enjoy being one of the partners at the dojo? It wouldn’t get boring or overwhelming? I know your first experience there sucked, but I was an asshole. I promise you wouldn’t have to worry about that happening again. You’d be working with some of the younger kids and they’ll adore you.”

“I could totally do that, sir. Little kids are fun. But your older students are stuck up and…yeah. You can keep em.” Reed wrinkled his nose, then blinked, his expression shifting to a naughty little smirk. “If you ever need someone to come in and take ‘em down a few notches, though? Once I’m back up to par, I’m your guy.”

“Between you and Noah, I think we’ll get them sorted out.” Making a mock sound of frustration, Curtis put Reed into a headlock, bending him forward to scrape his knuckles lightly over Reed’s head before he let him go. “Lawson will be up in a minute. Let’s get him some whiskey so he’s more relaxed when he walks in the door.”

Reed nodded, glancing toward the kitchen. “I’m still figuring out the stove, though. Can I borrow your phone? I think mine is ready to be released from this world. It was not long for it, but it served me well.”

“What’s it for? The manual? Because that’s where I left it in the top right drawer that Jamie puts all the shit in that he doesn’t want to organize when he’s cleaning up the kitchen.” Curtis held up both hands, gaze going to Noah. “Hey, I saw him do it when I was installing the stove.” 

Lips slanted, Noah motioned for Curtis to join him in the kitchen. “It’s all right, it’s not the secret he thinks it is. Once a week Wren pulls everything out to clean inside the cupboards and drawers and that drawer always stresses him out. So does me dumping everything in the recycling without going through it, but we can’t have it all.”

“Let’s get the boys, Noah. I don’t think you want Jamie greeting Lawson and Matt with his dick on display.” Jared started toward the other room.

“No, we wouldn’t want that.” A wicked smile on his lips, Noah cleared his throat, raising his voice. “You two have five seconds to get in the bedroom and finish getting changed into your pajamas. What’s taking so long?”

A soft swear—Jamie’s—came from Wren’s office along with his frustrated groan. Then “Cockblocked again. How does he do that?” before Jamie, with a raging hardon flagging the way, raced through the living room toward the main bedroom.

“Nice ass!” Reed fell into a fit of giggles, poking his head out of the kitchen. “Wren’s right, it’s still nice and round. You definitely need all the cupcakes to keep it that way.”

“It is a rather nice handful to hold on to.” Pouring a whiskey for Curtis and Noah, Jared glanced up. “And has a lovely bounce when smacked.”

“I can hear you, you know!” Jamie called from the bedroom, where pieces of clothing flew out of the drawers onto the floor.

In the hallway, already in his pajamas, Wren looked a little confused as to what he was supposed to be doing. He glanced toward the bedroom and made a face, changing directions and coming to Jared’s side instead, gazing up at him. “Please don’t make me go in there, sir.”

Handing Wren his own brandy, Jared frowned. “What’s the matter, little raven? Does your wrist hurt from issuing those five-hundred smacks? You always do exactly as I tell you, and I know it was difficult but I’m proud of you for doing it anyway.”

“But, I…” Wren’s lips parted as he glanced at Noah, then back. “I almost made it to four, sir. But Noah took over. Which was much better. Perhaps I can…spread out the rest? Over…a few years?”

“Hmm...” Tipping his head to one side, Jared met Noah’s gaze, mirth in his own. “How many did you stop at, love? We wouldn’t want that gorgeous ass to be cold.”

Sitting on the arm of the sofa, Noah smiled over the rim of his glass. “I didn’t know I was supposed to be counting. I kept going until he was about to come, then stopped. Naturally.”

Curtis took the glass Jared held out, shaking his head. “Looks like you’ll have to start over.”

“Never coming out of the bedroom!” Jamie’s voice held a musical pout, if that was even possible. 

Reed stepped up behind Wren, wrapping his arms around him. “You’re gonna have to! I have a hostage. You either come out or I’m stealing him away forever.”

A white tuft of hair appeared at the side of the door, Jamie peeking out. His gaze landed on Wren, his surprise carrying a theatrical exaggeration. “Alright. I’ll come out. But how do I know you’ll let him go?”

Snorting over his own snifter, Jared tried not to laugh too obviously. “You don’t. But that’s love. You have to be willing to sacrifice yourself.”

Wren relaxed back against Reed’s chest, lifting one of his hands to inspect the bandages. “You’d make a terrible kidnapper right now, even I could get away. But you’re lucky, I don’t like damaging very nice work.” His expression turned serious. “You should sit down while you hold me captive, though. It is very important to rest when you’re recovering.”

Coming into the living room, absolutely swimming in the soft gray cotton of one of Noah’s sleep shirts, Jamie sidled up to Reed and Wren. “Now you got us, what’cha gonna do with us?”

“Umm…” Reed wrinkled his nose, not resisting as Wren nudged him toward the closest chair. But he immediately pushed himself up to sit on the back of it. “I’m gonna make you my servants. You’ve gotta hunt for all the treasures for me. Anything sweet and colorful. If you do a good job, I won’t make you walk the plank.”

Relaxing into his own armchair, Jared shared a smile with Curtis who looked like he was about to melt into a puddle from all the adorable his boy had on display. “You heard the Dread Pirate Reed. Get those treats.” Jared winked at Reed. “I’ll be your First Mate.”

Curtis shook a finger. “No-no. That’s me. You can be the Second Mate. Noah will be the Cabin Boy.”

“Like hell I will.” Noah sputtered into his whiskey, arching a brow at Curtis. “I’ll be the executioner. All good pirates have them. You two do all the boring stuff while I take care of feeding prisoners to the sharks.”

“Well, if we don’t have a Cabin Boy, we’re S.O.L. No blowjobs.” Curtis leaned forward, opening the humidor Jared kept on the side table and looking over the selection in its trays. The sweetly organic scent of dry tobacco drifted out as he closed it again. “What good are yardarms and masts if you don’t have anyone to tie them to?”

“I’m starting to think we need Jacks and Danny.” Handing Curtis a cigar cutter and a lighter along with his clean ashtray, Jared nodded toward the humidor. “Go ahead. It’s what they’re there for.”

Wren ducked under Curtis' arms, kneeling and opening a small drawer. He pulled out a container of mixed, candy covered licorice Noah had bought by mistake and stuffed in there. He offered it to Reed. “How about these?”

“Eww, no. That’s black licorice. It’s an insult to candy.” Reed rose up a bit on the back of the armchair, pointing to Noah. “Executioner. Off with his head.”

Snorting, Noah shook his head. “No can do, Captain. I only do planks.”

“The executioner’s union would revoke his membership.” Curtis selected one of the pieces of licorice, popping it into his mouth and chewing. “First mate’s responsibility. Poison taster.”

Reed scraped his teeth over his tongue, like he could taste what Curtis was eating. “You’ve been a loyal part of this crew, First Mate. I’ll make sure you have a proper Viking funeral.”

That got him a funny look from Wren. “Vikings weren’t pirates. They were Vikings. You’re mixing up stories. That’s not how this is done.”

Returning to the room with plastic containers stacked as high as his head, six or seven china plates on top, Jamie spoke from behind the pile. “We can mix our metastories if we want to. It’s our adventure... Also, help.”

Noah set his glass on the coffee table, rising to his feet and crossing the room to relieve Jamie of the containers. “You did very well, little prisoner. I’ll let you live. If you can find someone worthy to serve as cabin boy, you will join the crew as…the entertainment. Play music to keep us all motivated on the journey.”

“I nominate Matt as Cabin Boy. Though we still need to send our longboats...” Jared ran with the Viking pirate ship theme. “We will need to kidnap him from the Magistrate, where he’s due to be hanged for crimes against coffee.”

Sitting on the floor by Jared’s feet, Wren picked up one of the licorice candies, nibbling it and shuddering. “This is awful. It wouldn’t make a very good poison, the flavor would be impossible to hide.” He peered up at Jared. “I think Danny would have fun with this. May we invite him and his Doms to join us?”

“Hmm...” Thinking it over, Jared met Noah’s gaze. “If he’s not disturbed by the application of Lawson’s paddle to Jamie’s backside.”

“Wait, what?” Head whipping around, Jamie looked at Jared with wide, green eyes. “I already got punished.”

Jared gave him a level look. “Did you?”

On his knees, facing Jared, Jamie tipped his head upside down to grace Noah with a sweet look. If anything would convince the man, however, it would be his exposed throat.“Sir, you were there. Tell him, please? I’ll be your best entertainer ever.”

Curtis’ wry snort interrupted the standoff. “How can you resist, my man?”

Hands curved to either side of Jamie’s cheeks, Noah bent down to press a kiss to his lips. He spoke softly against them. “You weren’t punished. I love playing with you, little cat. And I will continue to. But it’s only right that your sweet ass be the first one the new paddle I got Lawson—to replace the one you were responsible for damaging—gets used on. You were also very mouthy with Jared, weren’t you.”

Sitting back, Jared sipped his drink, watching the line of Jamie’s throat as he swallowed. The bob of his Adam’s apple was a treat to view, but not nearly as delectable as the flush of awareness that the power exchange painted on his skin from his exposed thighs all the way up to his cheeks. 

A ghost of temptation skittered and was gone, the need to attempt to lie to get out of the punishment, but thankfully the boy squashed it, his answer coming after a too-lengthy hesitation. “Yes, sir. I was mouthy.”

“Then you have both an apology to make and a punishment to endure.” Noah kissed the tip of Jamie’s nose. “I’m glad we’re in agreement.”

Curtis, still working on trimming the cigar, which looked in danger of being worn down to nothing before he even smoked it, glanced toward the door at the sound of footsteps in the hall. “I don’t think he agreed, my man, but he did admit guilt.”

Tsking, Jared plucked the cigar out of Curtis’ hands. “How often have you smoked these? You’re ruining about fifty-five dollars of tobacco.” He handed the cigar to Wren. “Prepare this for him, before I’m tempted to hand him over to the executioner.”

Giving Curtis a lazy smile, Noah reclined back against the sofa. “You think admitting guilt and agreeing to a punishment are different things? Since when? As I remember, you used to understand that very well.”

“You and I have two very different interpretations of my trying to punch you in the nuts, then.” At Jamie’s gasp, Curtis winked at him. “Don’t try it. It doesn’t end well.”

Wren trimmed the cigar, handing it to Curtis before rising to his feet. There was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it, sirs.” He stepped around Jamie, heading to the door and opening it with a quiet, respectful greeting. “Good afternoon, sir. Matt. Everyone’s in the living room. Would you like some whiskey? Or maybe some tea? I’ll go put on the kettle. You’ve been recruited as a cabin boy, Matt. I’m not sure what that consists of, Reed is not following any established rules. Or history.”

Carrying a bottle of port in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other, Matt stepped into the entry after his Dom. “A what? Like...a log cabin? Do I have to chop wood or something? I thought you guys had a gas fireplace like we do.”

Lawson chuckled, placing his hand on Matt’s shoulder and guiding him into the loft alongside him. “I think they’re playing pirates, my boy. You’ll have to stage a mutiny.” His gaze went over Curtis, then shifted to Reed. His lips thinned. “Come here, let me take a look at you. You and I are going to be having a very long conversation later about walking off like that.”

Sliding off the back of the armchair, Reed lowered his gaze and walked over to Lawson. He stilled as Lawson tipped up his chin, examining his face. When Lawson lifted one hand, then the other, Reed seemed to hold his breath.

If you understood what you were looking at, the moment became like watching the flowers of a petal unfolding. The opening of Reed’s submission to Lawson’s Dominance, the love they had for each other, as well as trust, was something Jared knew he’d ask Noah to paint someday. Unable to look away, he sipped his brandy, its warmth the perfect topnote to the exchange.

Brushing his thumb lightly over the bandage on Reed’s knuckles, Lawson blew out a breath. “Neither Curtis or I like seeing you hurt, but more than that, we don’t like it when you don’t turn to us when we could find ways to help you. Even if it’s hard, my boy. Even if you feel we already have the weight of the world on our shoulders, there will always be room for you.”

“I know, sir. I’m sorry.” Reed trembled as Lawson drew him into his arms, holding him close. “I was trying so hard to deal with my own stuff and—”

“Stop. You’re going to stop doing that.” Lawson cupped the back of Reed’s head. “You wouldn’t be wearing that collar, those tags, or being in this power exchange if we expected you to just deal with everything on your own. Share that with us. That’s a big part of what we’re here for.”

“All of us.” Trimming his own cigar, Jared enjoyed the feel of the dry tobacco against his fingertips. “Your family. Me. Noah. If you ever feel one of us is overwhelmed, you have options.”

Curtis nodded, puffing on his own cigar, then frowning at the end which seemed to have gone out. He slanted an affectionate smile at Reed. “You’re the man I share all of my hopes and dreams with, and that’s not nearly as meaningful if we can’t share the hardships as well.”

“I’ll get better at sharing…my feelings, anyway.” Reed lifted his head to look up at Lawson. “I’m already good at all the other kinds.”

Lips twitching up at the edges, Lawson patted Reed’s ass and sent him over to Curtis. “Sit either on or beside your Dom. As much as I like seeing you perched up on things again, let’s give your hands a chance to heal before you put too much strain on them. I also want to make sure one of us is close enough to grab you if you make a run for it.”

“Good one.” Chuckling around the cigar that was clamped between his teeth in a way that made Jared cringe, Curtis finally managed to light the thing. “Much more original than leashes, and more fun too.”

Lawson went over to sit on the armchair Reed had been using to direct his viking pirate ship in Wonderland earlier, making the hand gesture for Matt to kneel at his feet. “There will still be leashes. Especially if you’re going to be doing a lot of that.” He glanced at Jared. “Though I suppose you wouldn’t let Reed in the bar or the cigar lounge if the smoke would impact his recovery.”

Knowing the excellent ventilation system Curtis had contracted to have installed in both spaces, as well as the lofts—in addition to the benefits the high ceilings brought—Jared inclined his head. “He shouldn’t be smoking, but being around the occasional cigar won’t hurt.”

Matt knelt gracefully at Lawson’s feet, the natural shyness that overcame him when he was in a new situation or deep in his submissive headspace radiating off him in palpable waves. He snuck a peek at Reed, as if to reassure himself that his co-sub was fine, then licked his lips and looked down again.

“I haven’t even been tempted to smoke in forever.” Reed slipped onto Curtis lap, looping one arm around his Dom’s shoulders. “But I love how the cigars smell on you guys, so I’m glad I don’t gotta worry about that.”

“Quartermaster!” Curtis snapped his fingers, making Jamie—who sat on his heels in the same spot he’d been in while teasing Noah for a reprieve—jump. “Lawson can be the quartermaster. I think they’re responsible for swabbing the poop deck.”

Brow lifted, Lawson studied him for a moment. “No, I don’t think that’s a very good fit for me. Matt and I have decided to take over the ship. You can call me the captain now. It sounds like a much more relaxing job. We’ll retire from a life of crime and spend our days exploring the open seas. Transporting whiskey. And cigars for you to use as teething rings.”

In the middle of taking out his phone to text Danny, Jared barked a laugh. “Yes. Particularly that last part. How could you not have taught him how to put his mouth around that thing properly? Does he do that when he sucks your cock? I don’t recall Noah ever allowing him to use his teeth.”

“Hey!” Curtis mock scowled. “I suck dick just fine, thank you very much. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

Lawson chuckled, accepting a glass of bourbon from Wren and taking an appreciative sip. “Yes, he’s a very good cocksucker. It’s just painful to watch him abuse a quality cigar. But I guess it helps to get into the role of a pirate?”

“We played pirates on the island.” Eyes on his hands, which were folded on his thighs, Jamie spoke softly. “He was Captain Curtis and I was Jolly Jamie.”

Quiet for a moment, Jared waited for Jamie to say more, but he had fallen silent.

“We did?” Clearing his throat, Curtis stared at the top of Jamie’s head, frowning. “I’m sorry, mo stór, I don’t remember.”

Swallowing audibly, Jamie lifted his head, an over-bright smile on his face. “I remember it all for both of us, sir.”

Reed moved from Curtis’ lap to the floor, crawling over to Matt and bumping against his side. He brought his lips close to his co-sub’s ear. “You look sexy down here. Wanna cuddle?”

“Yeah.” Voice rough from disuse, Matt nodded, tipping sideways so his legs slanted from under him. “That’d be cool.”

Rubbing his hand over his mouth, Noah looked from Curtis to Jamie, picking up his whiskey and polishing off the last sip. “I’m…glad there was something good to come of…that experience. Come here, Jamie. You’ll sit on my lap until Lawson finishes his drink. Then we’ll discuss what comes next.”

Curtis stared at Jamie as he moved to Noah’s lap, sliding on his Dom’s thighs and looking for the first time in his existence at The Asylum like he didn’t quite...fit there. Fingertips to his lips, Curtis ran the first two digits back and forth with a troubled look on his face. Jared watched, waiting to see if he’d speak his thoughts out loud, and set a good example for his own boy.

Inhaling sharply, Curtis started to say something, shook his head, then started again. “I’m worried...I took advantage... Because I don’t remember so much.”

“How could you think you took advantage of anything while you were there together, trying to survive?” Noah held Jamie close, his tone a little sharp. He pressed his eyes shut, gentling it. “I’m sorry, my man. Whatever happened there, the only thing that gives me any peace is that you had each other.”

“I made Curtis a brace for his leg and it almost healed, but it was all wrong and crooked.” Jamie glanced at Wren. “You would’ve done it right, but he was in tons of pain all the time and the only thing I could do to help was sing and find coconuts and help him laugh at silly stories. There was about a week where he was able to use some branches to get down to the beach and he taught me to swim. The weight off his leg in the water was good, but then it got too rough with the season change and he couldn’t stand up there anymore. So we stopped, and the only other time we went down we played pirates. The next day he got a fever so bad...” He shrugged a little. “You know the rest, but there was no taking advantage. We talked about everyone here and what we’d do when we got back, and what we’d eat. You told me stories about you and Lawson and Noah. About when you first met Reed and Ezran and Tracey. We had...relations a couple times and agreed that it didn’t take away from anything with you guys that we escaped our heads that way. But...that was it.”

Face red, Curtis swiped his cheek against his shoulder, gaze skating to Jared, then Lawson, before skipping away. He steadfastly seemed, in Jared’s opinion, to be avoiding looking at Reed or Noah. “Thanks... For filling in the blanks. And for getting me out of there alive.”

“Sure. It was mutual. You helped me remember a bunch of my survival training.” Straightening, Jamie looked around the room, then at Noah. “Sir? May I please get a glass of water?”

Noah nodded, rubbing his hand over his mouth. “Yes, go ahead, little cat.” He grabbed the bottle of bourbon and poured himself another glass.

“So, what movie are we watching?” Matt leaned into Reed’s side, petting his curls idly with one hand. 

Blowing out a breath, Reed lifted his shoulders. “I don’t know, but Pirates of the Carribean is off the table. Maybe…a cartoon? Something happy?”

Jared looked down at the phone he’d forgotten he had in his hands. The case had imprinted a line in his palm, his grip loosening gradually until he could pull up the text app and find his latest message with Danny.

Hello, little Despereaux.

The little dots immediately started dancing on the screen.

Hello, sir! It’s nice to hear from you. I just finished my homework. It’s on a seperate paper, though, I hope that’s okay? Jacks had nice stationary that smells like vanilla and I thought you might like it.

Smiling to himself, Jared answered back:

Good boy! I bet you’re the first one. Yes, it’s fine if it’s on separate paper. The nice paper sounds like a pleasure to work with.

Listen, if you and your Doms aren’t busy, we’re having a movie night up here. We’d love your company. I should warn you, however, that Jamie and possibly Reed have a punishment coming. I don’t want you to be upset.

There was a knock at the door almost at the same time as the next message came.

I’ll be okay, sir. I’ll just cover my face. And my ears. I might need to borrow your hands.

Still smiling, more gently now, Jared shot back his text. 

I will see what I can do.

Let me know what your Doms say?

Crossing to the door, Wren opened it, a huge grin spreading across his lips when he saw it was Keiran. He moved to take the containers from Keiran’s hands, letting out a happy sound when Keiran pulled him into a one armed hug instead.

I asked and they said we could all come up. We’ll be there as soon as Jacks is finished with this last uniform. He’s almost done. He even made different shades for the switches.

“How lovely...” Jared spoke the text as he typed it. “See you soon...” He glanced over his shoulder again, calling out to Keiran. “Any interest in grabbing Dallas and staying for a movie?”

Keiran put down the container and picked Wren up, cuddling him against his chest. “I’d love that, sir. I’ll grab Avery, too, if that’s all right. Rhodey asked Seth to join him on watch, so the rest of us were just hanging around the loft, cleaning our weapons. As important as it is, it gets boring after a while.”

“I take it you’re not talking euphemistically, if you’re getting bored. Dallas has never struck me as someone whose weapon would ever get clean, however. More like the dirtier the better.” Puffing on the cigar, Curtis grinned at Keiran. 

Smiling sweetly at him, Keiran adjusted Wren in his arms. “You have no idea how dirty, sir. But maybe next time he beats you in the ring, he’ll give you a taste.”

“He’d have to challenge me first.” Checking in with Lawson, Curtis raised his brows.

Lawson petted Matt’ hair, inclining his head. “If Dallas challenges you, you may accept, so long as you’re medically cleared. I wouldn’t mind seeing the two of you in the ring again, and your matches are always a huge draw.”

“I’ll get your exam on the schedule when I’m back at work tomorrow.” Jared answered when Curtis looked his way.

It would do The Asylum some good to have a normal kind of fight. No drama, just some good, dirty fun for once. He remembered the days when that had been more common than not, and right now at least they struck him as having been all-too-brief.

A little bit of action in the ring would blow off a little steam and re-establish that sense of normalcy they all craved. They’d get to it soon. 

He hoped.

*****

To keep up to date on all the happenings with The Asylum Fight Club, sign up to the newsletter HERE: https://www.subscribepage.com/j4m0q5 

There's also a new twitter account: https://twitter.com/asylumfightclub

And tons of socials where you can find info on the core! Keep an eye out for all the links so you never miss a thing!

Looking for official Asylum Fight Club merchandise? You can find it here: https://www.zazzle.com/store/asylumfightclub/products

As always, comments are welcome and spoilers can be discussed in the spoiler group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/244198880244923

All caught up on The Asylum and want to delve into our backlists?

Comments

  1. Love when the core is all together! Def a fan of this… the class, movie night, thanksgiving, Wren’s Birthday… would die for a scene where the entire core has to come together to babysit all of the kids for the weekend so Todd and Tracey can get a weekend away 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Danny and Jared's dynamic. I was feeling bad for Jared after his first day of class and I'm glad that a more relaxed evening for him is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we need that full pirate scene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts